Future of ACSW
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page is for discussing ideas regarding the future of ACSW. As this is a large topic, it may well be useful to have sub-pages to discuss specific ideas, as well as a page for general discussion. Some potential pages are listed. Others can be added.
John Roddick gather feedback from a number of people and prepared a discussion document. This can be found File:Comments Regarding ACSW JR May2013.pdf.
A number of Melbourne-based CORE folks had an informal brainstorming session. Notes from this can be found File:FutureACSW.pdf.
PLEASE COMMENT ON THE IDEAS IN THESE DOCUMENTS TO HELP US WITH ACSW 2015+...
Some things we'd like feedback on:
- Publication or no publication?
- Networking event?
- Development event (ECR, PhD, Mid-career, Leadership etc)?
- Who publish with?
- International keynotes or local high-achievers?
- Collaboration-forming e.g. for CoE, CRC, DP, LP, etc?
New ideas for format of ACSW event
- Networking sessions
- "match-making" sessions (for grants etc!!)
- Showcases / Australasian highlights
- Re-run big-hit publications / presentations locally